Downtown Waterloo is bursting with pride with its unique museum district, farmers market, locally owned restaurants, and top-notch events. Grab your family and friends to explore, eat and see why we love our city.
Here’s just a few highlights to get you started.
Riverloop Amphitheater – A must see downtown riverside, riverfront plaza and trails, and amphitheater near the Waterloo Center for the Arts. Bring the kids to “Mark’s Park”, complete with play equipment and water features to cool off – for free!
Two Kinds of Breweries – SingleSpeed Brewing Company typically has 13 unique beers on tap from IPAs to Sours, Stouts, Helles, Pils and more. Their brewmasters rotate the selection and include seasonal flavors so there’s always something new to try.
Verve Kombucha and Kitchen – Verve brews their own all-natural kombucha on-site and serves a full menu in the taproom.
Multiple Museums – A whole day awaits you with a variety of museums:
Waterloo Center for the Arts – Largest collection of Haitian Art in the Country and rotating exhibits
Phelps Youth Pavillion-
Sullivan Brothers Iowa Veterans Museum – Honoring Iowa Veterans
Grout Museum of History and Science – Exhibitions of area history, interactive science exhibits and more.
John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum – History of John Deere at the site of its first factory, with hands-on exhibits and free guided tours.
National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Dan Gable Museum – Exhibits describe the history of wrestling going back to ancient Greeks, and well as a compelling story about Dan Gable, a Waterloo native and 1972 Olympic Gold Medal winner.
Unique retail – From furniture finds to sweet treats, locally owned shops welcome you to downtown Waterloo.
- Epic Finds sells one-of-a-kind mid-century finds.
- The Finery women’s boutique offers trendy & casual clothes.
- Boujee Berries sells dipped strawberries and other quality desserts.
- Macarons by Sani are beautiful sweet meringue based confections.
- Waterloo Bicycle Works sells and repairs bikes, as well as bike rentals (to hit our amazing trails!)Nightlife – Cheers! Over 17 bars with low key vibes or high energy dancing to pool and darts, Downtown Waterloo has that good time feelin!