Fall is in full swing. Fall flavors. Fall activities. Fun for all ages.
Take advantage of things to do and new tastes to try now!
1. Soak up the crisp fall air on a Hayride and take advantage of fall harvest at Heartland Farms. Fall activities start Saturday, September 18th and run thru Sunday, October 31st. Classic to the farm is the PUNKINATOR, an air powered pumpkin “cannon” is powered up at the top of the hour for a few hits on the target or out of sight in to cornfield, the favorite of all. Admission: Weekdays $12, Saturday and Sunday $15.
2. Another Fall Family favorite is the Cedar Valley Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
Sunday Fun Days run September 25, October 2, and October 9th from Noon to 4pm with fun planned activities. Bring your pet for the parade on October 16th from 11am-3pm, and then come back for trick or treating in the gardens on the October 23rd! Admission: Children 4 and under free, Ages 5-17 $2 each, Adults $5 each. Arboretum members free.
3. Create your own adventure in our very own urban sanctuary –George Wyth State Park. Fall bike rides and hikes to catch the leaves at are full of fall colors.
4. Next level scares can be found at the Heart of Darkness – Haunted Theme Park, opening September 30th. Voted #1 Haunt in Iowa! Over 13 separately themed areas to get your adrenaline freak level through the roof!
5. Family trick or treating fun is taking place all over Waterloo. Traditional neighborhood hours for the City of Waterloo is Saturday, October 29th from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
For more activities and events around town, check out the events tab on our website.
Have a BeautiFALL Day!