Fall is in full swing. Fall flavors. Fall activities. Fun for all ages.
Take advantage of things to do and new tastes to try now!
1.Soak up the crisp fall air on a Hayride and take advantage of fall harvest at Heartland Farms. They are open 7 days a week through October! Classic to the farm is the PUNKINATOR, an air powered pumpkin “cannon” is powered up at the top of the hour for a few hits on the target or out of sight in to cornfield, the favorite of all. Admission: Weekdays $12, Saturday and Sunday $15.
2. Another Fall Family favorite is the Cedar Valley Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
Sundays from Noon to 4pm have planned activities. Bring your pet for the parade this weekend, and then come back for trick or treating in the gardens on the 24th! Admission: Children 4 and under free, Ages 5-17 $2 each, Adults $5 each. Arboretum members free.
3. Create your own adventure in our very own urban sanctuary –George Wyth State Park. Fall bike rides and hikes to catch the leaves at are full of fall colors.
4. Next level scares can be found at the Heart of Darkness – Haunted Theme Park. Voted #1 Haunt in Iowa! Over 13 separately themed areas to get your adrenaline freak level through the roof!
5. Family trick or treating fun is taking place all over Waterloo. Traditional neighborhood hours for the City of Waterloo is Sunday, October 31st from 6pm-8pm
Other Trick or Treating around town:
- Fusion Dance and Performing Arts Fall Fest, Saturday, October 23rd, 11am-1pm. Located at 148 Provision Parkway, Waterloo
- Cedar Valley Arboretum, Sunday October 24th, Noon-4pm other activities. Admission: Children 4 and under free, Ages 5-17 $2 each, Adults $5 each. Arboretum members free. Located at 1927 E Orange Rd, Waterloo.
- South Waterloo Church of the Brethren, Sunday, October 24th, 2pm-4pm. Located at 6227 Kimball Ave, Waterloo.
- Amani Community Services, Wednesday, October 27th, 6pm-7:30pm Located at 2315 Falls Avenue Waterloo
- Downtown Waterloo Trick or Treating, Saturday, October 30th, 10am-Noon
For more activities around town, check out the events tab on our website.
Have a BeautiFALL day!